About the Parent Council
The Parent Forum is made up of parents who have a child at Juniper Green Primary School . All such parents are automatically members of the Parent Forum for our school.
One of the ways parents in the Parent Forum can express their views is through the Parent Council. As a member of the Parent Forum you can expect to:
- Receive information about the school and it’s activities
- Hear more in future about what partnership with parents means in our school
- Participate in deciding how the parent representative body, the
- Parent Council, is organised and how it operates
- Identify issues you want the Parent Council to work on within the school
- Be asked your opinions by the Parent Council on issues relating to the school and the education it provides
- Work in partnership with staff
- Enjoy taking part in the life of the school in whatever way you can
The Parent Council is a group of volunteer parents selected by the Parent Forum to represent all the parents of children at our school
Objectives of the Parent Council:
- Promote partnership between the school, the pupils and the parents
- Develop and engage in activities which support and promote the education and welfare of the pupils
- Identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided and other matters affecting the education and welfare of pupils
The Parent Council is made up of a ‘management group’ whose role is: to develop the aims and strategy of the Parent Council; to try to resolve parent issues; coordination and support of the sub-groups; finance; links with the school; links with other Parent Councils; links with Ediunburgh District Council.
There are a number of standing sub-groups:
- After school sports activity clubs (see Clubs and Activities under School Life)
- School uniform purchase and supply.(see School Uniforms Page)
- Social event planning and organisation
There may also be, from time to time, additional fixed term sub-groups set up to focus on a particular problem or issue that has arisen.
The Parent Council meets regularly to discuss various matters. There is an AGM and communication sessions with the Parent Forum. See the News page for further information.
In addition to the members of the Parent Council, the following people attend and contribute to the meetings:
- Anthea Grierson (Head Teacher)
- Ingrid Donaldson (Deputy Head Teacher)
- Alexa Pope (Deputy Head Teacher)
School Uniform Orders
The Parent Council in partnership with the school fully endorse the school uniform policy
Ordering through the School
Click on the title above to take you to the school uniform information page.
School uniform orders are submitted twice a year, in October and May. Otherwise a limited supply is available for purchase from Julie or Wendy on email@example.com or through reception.
It is also possible to order school uniforms through Gilmour’s dedicated web page using the link at the bottom of this page. Ordering direct will mean the School will not recieve commission on the sale and you will need to pay for delivery to your home address. We are currently investigating online ordering for school uniforms and hope to have a system in place in the Summer 2014.
News and Events
Current News and Events
Saturday 3rd of Decemver – Christmas fair – 11-2pm
Our next meeting will be on Monday 5th December 2016