At Juniper Green we have two main suppliers of our embroidered school uniforms. Gilmour sports and Kool Skools (Fairtrade) both of which can be ordered online or via the school.
School Wear Made Easy is Gilmour Sport based in Glasgow and you can purchase a wide range of uniform including our new kilt. Please follow the link below to look at the items and place an order.
At Juniper Green we are very excited to be able to offer our parents the opportunity to buy items of school uniform that are fairtrade.
We are able to provide this opportunity through the company KoolSkools who are the only provider in the UK offering a complete range of garments made with Fairtrade cotton.
Please follow the link below to find out more information about these items of clothing and how to order them.
The school takes great pride in its corporate image and there is almost 100% commitment to wearing school uniform by the pupils.
The uniform consists of:-
- attractive red or white polo shirts with the school logo embroidered on the front
- red or green sweatshirts with the school logo embroidered on the front
- black or grey skirt or trousers
- green kilt (Gimour Sports only)
- black fleece
- red waterproof jacket
- white shirts and silver and white school ties for special occasions
- hats and scarves for the colder days
- black school shoes
Uniform orders can be placed twice a year (May and November) when the Parent Council carry out bulk orders. Orders can be placed at any time directly with the uniform supplier (uniform orders will cost slightly more and postage will be charged). Please access the site at the following address. Just click on the Primary School option and you will find Juniper Green under the I – P section:-
Alternatively, a paper order form, which can be sent direct to the supplier can be obtained from the School Office.
This session we have made some changes to the school’s delivery of physical education in light of the new Curriculum for Excellence and the Scottish Government directive that all primary children should experience at least two hours of PE per week. The children will experience two PE lessons a week and shorter blocks of Daily Physical Activity. We shall be utilising both indoor and outdoor facilities in most weathers to ensure we meet the weekly requirements.
The school is keen to enhance the health benefits of physical activity for your child and therefore pupils will only be exempt from PE based on direct advice from the medical profession (through a letter to the Headteacher) otherwise they will be expected to participate in the lesson within their capabilities.
We would be grateful of your support on the following areas:
- Ensuring that your child has their PE kit in school everyday composing of
- Shorts (preferred colour black)
- Plain T shirt (preferred colour white or red) (no football strips)
- Joggers (for winter)( preferred colour black)
- Indoor/outdoor gym shoes (non marking soles and a change from their day footwear)
- A lightweight waterproof jacket
- Participation in PE unless a doctor has specified otherwise.
- All jewellery removed and stud earrings taped.